Montana Academy of Salons requires all prospective students to have a valid high school diploma (or high school document such as an official transcript documenting graduation), or Hi-Sat (GED) certificate. Educational background checks are done prior to enrollment. Montana Academy does not enroll ability-to-benefit students. Montana Academy does not recruit students who are currently admitted to or attending another school offering a similar course of study.
OUT OF STATE
Out of state applicants shall meet the same requirements as in-state applicants apply for Barbering, Supplemental Barbering, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Manicuring, Massage Therapy, Microdermabrasion, and Teacher Training.
APPLICATION & ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES
Applications are available online below, at the Montana Academy of Salons or can be mailed if needed. Application procedures are as follows:
Schedule a Career Planning Session
- Call our admissions office, 406-771-8772 x. 5, to schedule a session and tour.
- Receive and review the Welcome Packet which includes:
- Consumer Information
- Right to Know
- Annual Security Report
- Housing Information
- Daycare Information
- Federal Student Aid at a Glance
- Complete FAFSA if you plan on using Financial Aid
- After meeting with the admissions representative and completing all necessary documents you will be presented with either and acceptance or denial letter.
At registration, the following are needed:
- Completed enrollment application
- Sign an enrollment agreement
- Personal Identification
- Valid drivers license or
- Social Security Card or
- Valid passport
- Valid proof of high school graduation
- An official High School or College Transcript or Hi-Sat certificate (GED)
- Proof of Graduation – Diploma or official transcript
- Complete Occupational Qualifications Fact Sheet
- Sign Kit List
- Pay registration fee
The following documents must be submitted upon registration and prior to the student signing an enrollment contract and being admitted into the school:
- Personal Identification (Copy)
- A valid driver’s license or
- A social security card or
- A valid passport
- Photo I.D.
- Valid Proof of High School Graduation
- An official High School Transcript or Hi-Sat Certificate (GED) or Official Post-Secondary Transcript
- Proof of graduation – diploma or official transcripts
- College graduate transcripts
- Homeschool Certificate, including State issued credential
- Teacher Training Program – must provide a copy of current Montana practitioner license.
Supplemental Barbering Program – must be a recent graduate of the Cosmetology program or provide copy of current Montana Cosmetology license.
Microdermabrasion Course – must be a recent graduate of the Montana Academy’s Cosmetology or Esthetics programs or provide a copy of a current Montana Cosmetology or Esthetics license.
Interested In Attending The Montana Academy of Salons?
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
1. Choose Your Course
3. Schedule A Tour